Thursday, August 19, 2010

Round 1 - Ding! Ding!

Fifteen years ago - back in 1995, I walked through the doors of 1036 W. Balboa Blvd, Apt. #1 in Newport Beach to watch the Tyson vs. McNeely fight with a friend, but what I was really there for is a whole different story...

     You see the start of the 4FLEMZ began this very day! A few months before this 'scheduled event' I found myself going on casual lunch dates and work related field trips with a person I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with - what I didn't know was if he felt the same way. So, when this special someone invited me to his bachelor pad to watch the fight with a few close friends I jumped at the opportunity to spend more time with him. What I didn't realize is that I would walk out that night as his girlfriend and we have never looked back and we have been together ever since!

     As I reminisce about the good old days I can still remember us going on many dates and getting to know each other even more. I think of how young we were and how we grew together. I remember the fun stories of the days where each of us drove between Buena Park and Newport Beach to see each other during every available opportunity, meeting each others families for the first time, the discussions of marriage and of course the dinner disaster before the official proposal. All of that seems so long ago, but yet I can remember as if it were just yesterday.
     As I see us today, we have conquered many obstacles together. We have been through losses and wins together, but we always remained each others biggest 'promoters' when we needed it the most and we have never 'thrown in the towel.'
     We now have two beautiful children and we seem to be enjoying the life we always imagined for ourselves. (Okay, minus winning the lottery! But, who needs the 'purse' when we have each other? WE DO, OF COURSE!)

Today marks a small milestone in what is yet to come!

     This mystery man is obviously my husband and I would like to thank him for sticking by my side and believing that the two of us make the whole! I have fallen more in love with him with everyday that we get to share together.  I believe we are ready to 'go the distance' and if there is one thing Mike Tyson did right, it was bringing the two of us together 15 years ago!

How did your family begin?

3 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great story Lis!! I have to admit my eyes welled up with tears by the time I got to the end of it! Oh how we LOVE THE FLEMINGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story Lisa Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. that above comment is from Nicole Gallo

    ReplyDelete